The Costa Dorada is a land of wine, we have four denominations of origin:
- Penedès: extends from the Mediterranean Sea to the mountain of Montserrat, between Tarragona and Barcelona. These wines are characterized by being aromatic and light, with a moderate graduation. There are many wineries open to the public, where you can see the wine making and enjoy a tasting.
- Tarragona: the wine from Camp de Tarragona has a lot of history, since documents from the Roman Empire have been found where the vines were already grown. Due to the proximity of the sea and the proximity of the coastal mountain range, the wines made in this area have a unique character, with an intense fruity aroma.
- Priorat: this area is known for the beauty of its landscapes with centuries-old farmhouses and wide fields. The bottles of this wine are distributed to the most prestigious stores around the world. They are characterized by a marked flavor and extraordinary complexity.
- Conca de Barberà: it has a long wine tradition that is reflected in the architecture that you can enjoy in the wineries, in the so-called "Cathedrals of Wine"
We recommend visiting the following wineries:
- Bodega Adernats: it has a unique experience to taste the typical wines and cavas of the Costa Dorada. With an idyllic setting thanks to the Nulles Wine Cathedral where you can get closer to the world of wine from a different perspective.