Tarragona was one of the main cities of Hispania during the Roman Empire, which is why many monuments considered World Heritage by Unesco since 2000 remain. We can enjoy:
- Roman amphitheater: it was built at the end of the 2nd century AD, there were gladiatorial fights with beasts, as well as public executions.
- Santa Tecla Cathedral: It is located in the highest part of Tarragona, it dates from 1331. Although it is Gothic, some remains of the ancient temple of Emperor Augustus were used.
- Aqueduct of Ferreres or "Pont del Diablo": It was built in the first century BC by Augusto, it supplied water from the Francolí River to the city of Tarraco.
- Balcony of the Mediterranean: It is at the end of the Rambla Nova, from there you have panoramic views of the port of Tarragona, the beach of Miracle and the amphitheater.
- Paleochristian Museum and Necropolis: It is a Roman funerary complex from the middle of the 3rd century. It is the most important Paleochristian cemetery of the Western Mediterranean.
- Museum of Modern Art: It is located in three 18th century houses that have been grouped and restored. Among the exposed artists we can find works by Julio Antonio, Salvador Martorell, Santiago Costa, Josep Sancho, José Nogué, among others. As documentary photography and also avant-garde.
National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona: we can find eight centuries of Tarragona's history, with a chronological route where we can discover the urbanism, architecture, society or economy of the city and its territory.
- Port Aventura: It is the most visited theme park in Spain and the sixth in Europe. It consists of six worlds Mediterrània, Polynesia, China, Mexico, Far West and Sesame Adventure for the little ones.
- Ferrari Land: the only Ferrari theme park in Europe and the second in the world. You can enjoy the most impressive technology and innovation in the attractions.
- Aquópolis: water park with multiple slides, pools, restaurants and marine life. They have an impressive dolphinarium where the exhibitions take place. In addition, it has sea lions with which you can take a picture.
If you want more information you can enter the tourism page. Tarragona Turisme